Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two Years Old

I thought this pic was hillarious.



My baby boy turned two on Saturday. We didn't really do much to celebrate because I had a wedding the day before and Eric was down in Indy. But, we had a little last minute cookie cake with just the grandparents. Then Eric and I took the kiddos to the zoo in Indy to celebrate his bday and mother's day on Sunday.
Blake is starting to talk a lot more. Most of his words are still one syllable and require translation, but he is starting to say some words with two syllables. Cars are still his favorite toys. He also likes trains, and he loves to read. A couple of weeks ago he started reading books to himself. He will sit there and babble for an hour to himself. He also loves being outside and would live out there if I let him.
Blake has also gotten a lot more lovie. For awhile there, he wouldn't give me kisses or hugs. But, in the last month, he started giving me kisses and big bear hugs around my neck that make me melt. He goes back and forth loving and fighting with Layla, but he is a good big brother.....taking her toys and her binky to her, giving her hugs and kisses, and trying to get her to crawl to him. Layla started crawling on Blake's bday. She has been scooting for a couple of weeks, but finally took off forward on Saturday.
Being a mother is such a blessing. I thank God and pray for them everyday. God Bless all you mothers out there!




5 comments:

Jessica Perry said...

Happy Birthday Blake! Wish we would have been with you guys to celebrate. I have a gift for him, so I'll just bring it the next time I see you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Blake!

Kristin said...

You sound like Grandma talking about her kids. You'll be glad you wrote this down...do you keep a baby book for the kids? squeeze the kiddos for me...love you

Meghan Rogers said...

Happy Birthday Blakers....I'm hoping to get together soon with all of you!

sonya said...

I love that first picture. It looks like he's reading the cover! He is so cute! He's talking and Layla is crawling...your kids are growing up so fast, even since I first started reading your blog not too long ago. wow.

Hope you had a fantastic Mothers day!