Monday, October 13, 2008

He's My Son

I'm going to try to start writing more on my blog about what's going on in my life/our family. I've enjoyed reading some of my friends entries on their blogs, and they've inspired me to start writing.

Today, I listened to the Christian song, "He's not just anyone, he's my son," on the radio, and it brought me to tears. The song is about a mom singing this to God in a prayer for her sick son.
Adjusting to having two kids these past six weeks has been hard, and I find myself just trying to make it through the day sometimes. But, I love when God gives me little reminders of all of the blessings in my life that I am so thankful for. Just to have two beautiful kids that are completely healthy is such a blessing from God.

Like the mom in the song, holding her son's hand as he slept and singing this prayer to God for God to let her take her son's place, I pictured myself ever having to be in that same situation with my son, Blake. Since having kids, I've realized how powerful a parent's love for their children truly is. It is beyond what anyone can ever describe. That realization has also allowed me to understand God's love for us so much better. It's hard for me to fathom that no matter what I've done or how unworthy I am, God loved me that much to send his son to die for me. But now I can see that a parent would do anything to save their child. They would gladly take their place if they could. Praise the Lord for His amazing love!

LYRICS: I'm down on my knees again tonight,I'm hoppin' this prayer will turn out right.See, there is a boy that needs Your help.I've done all that I can do myselfHis mother is tired,I'm sure You can understand.Each night as he sleepsShe goes in to hold his hand,And she triesNot to cryAs the tears fill her eyes.

Can You hear me?Am I getting through tonight?Can You see him?Can You make him feel all right?If You can hear meLet me take his place some how.See, he's not just anyone, he's my son.

Sometimes late at night I watch him sleep,I dream of the boy he'd like to be.I try to be strong and see him through,But God, who he needs right now is You.Let him grow old,Live life without this fear.What would I beLiving without him here?He's so tired,And he's scaredLet him know that You're there.

Can You hear me?Am I getting through tonight?Can You see him?Can You make him feel all right?If You can hear meLet me take his place some how.See, he's not just anyone, he's my son.Can You hear me?Am I getting through tonight?Can You see him?Can You make him feel all right?If You can hear meLet me take his place somehow.See, he's not just anyone.Can You hear me?Can You see him?Please don't leave him,He's my son.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting at work with tears in my eyes now. Thanks a lot! :) I know exactly how you feel. It's an overpowering feeling isn't it!? Being a mother. Terrifying sometimes but also magnificent and humbling. God gives the best gifts. I pray we never experience real illness in our families. But what a joy to know the ultimate Comforter. Thanks for sharing these lyrics Rebecca! I look forward to your posts!